1. Memorize Names of ALL Elements from their Corresponding Symbols. Use this fancy Periodic Table (printable file).
(Especially the Latin ones: Na, K, Cu, Ag, Sn, Sb, W, Au, Hg, Pb; and the lesser use Metals with really difficult pronunciations.)
2. Memorize Ion Charges of Transition Metals (use the Periodic Table file above).
3. Memorize Names, Chemical Formulas, and Charges of all Polyatomic Ions (again, see the top of the fancy Periodic Table above).
4. Memorize the Solubility Table. (printable file)
5. Review Important Dead Scientists & their Contributions. (printable file)
6. Watch and Make Notes from Unit 4 Video Lessons: 6-1 to 6-3, 6-4, 6-5 & 11-8A, 6-5 & 11-8B
7. Watch the following Science Videos online (if you haven't seen them already).
a. Absolute Zero – NOVA (PBS)
b. Forgotten Genius – NOVA (PBS)
c. Atom – The Clash of the Titans – BBC
Back to the High School Chemistry and Math Main Page.